You should brush your teeth when you get up and just before going to sleep. If possible, it is advisable to brush them after lunch.
There needs to be a minimum brushing time established to ensure we brush effectively and correctly. A minute and a half is enough for our teeth to be completely clean.
You need to check the state of the bristles on your toothbrush. Those in a bad state will mean your brushing is not as effective as it should be. You are advised to change your toothbrush every 3 months.
Dental floss should be used after every brushing, given food debris accumulates on AND between the teeth.
Using dental floss requires practice and at first may seem a little frustrating. Once you have learned to use it properly, with the help of a dentist and perseverance, it can be used quickly and simply.
- Soft or hard bristle toothbrushes?
- Is there a difference in one toothpaste compared to another?
- Are mouthwashes a good idea?
- Should children receive dental check-ups? And from what age?
- How often should we go to the dentist?
- What preventive measures should I take if I have dental prosthetics?
- How often should I brush my teeth? What about flossing?