Invisible orthodontics comprises using transparent devices to move the teeth. These devices are changed about every 3 weeks, in accordance with the changing position of the teeth.
These devices are a comfortable way to straighten the teeth towards the desired end position as the transparent devices are removed for eating and tooth brushing.
Undoubtedly, this is the latest trend in removable orthodontic apparatus. In addition to these apparatuses or splints not being noticeable, they are very comfortable to wear.
The patient needs to wear them 24 hours a day, removing them only to eat and, obviously, to clean them. The clinic will normally provide a special cleaning kit for them.
This type of treatment is normally for an adult as the fact that the device can be removed from the mouth is too tempting for younger patients, who are generally less cooperative in these matters.
It must not be forgotten that these splints can only be used in specific cases wherein extensive straightening of the teeth is not required. If there is a notable overcrowding, it is better to choose another treatment. The orthodontist will assess the best option to recover a perfect smile.
- What is invisible orthodontics?
- Can it ever be too late for orthodontic treatment?
- How long does it take to complete an orthodontic treatment?
- What is the cause of the problems requiring orthodontics?
- At what age should I start to consider orthodontics?
- What special care do dental apparatuses require?
- Is it important to have orthodontics?